Monday, December 31, 2012

e.l.f. Professional Studio Pigment Eyeshadow

I've been noticing a lot of people buzzing about pigment shadows lately, and I've been wanting to try them as they look amazing. However a lot of people tend to say how difficult they are to work with and that fall out is a huge problem with this type of shadow. Being that I have no real experience I didn't want to spend a lot of money for something that I may have issues working with. That's where e.l.f. comes in. They have their Professional Studio Pigment Eyeshadow line selling at $3 USD a pop, which was truly irresistible to me while getting my stocking stuffers this Christmas. So I purchased my first pigment eyeshadow in Tropical Teal.

Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are entirely my own.

The glare in this picture was awful, but under Pigment Eyeshadow it says "Loose eyeshadow; creates a dramatic look that is long lasting" and there is indeed a little eyeshadow brush included. Flat brush, not a fluffy one.
And I will say it's actually a decent little brush. I mean, the handle feels super cheap, but the bristles are surprisingly soft and hold the product quite well. I also haven't noticed any bristle fallout, which is always good. But let's be real here, nobody's reading this to listen to me fawn over a brush; Onto the product!
The shadow comes in the same basic container as e.l.f.'s cream eyeliner, glass jar that holds the product with a flat black plastic lid with the product & company name embossed in white. And I did drop this on the tile floor in my bathroom with the top off (huge mess, but I salvaged most of the product) and there was no damage to the container.               
e.l.f. Professional Studio Pigment Eyeshadow in Tropical Teal over primer
The product itself is very buildable and the color is absolutely gorgeous. You really can "create a subtle wash of color or a dramatic effect." e.l.f.'s website describes these as "jewel-toned, multi-dimensional pigments" and I really couldn't find a better description if I tried. The insane amount of ultra-fine shimmer reminds me of Make Up For Ever's Star Powder in Turquoise.
And it's not difficult to work with at all. Just tap your brush into the shadow, tap off the excess, and then pat it onto your eye and smooth it out. I didn't have any fallout on my cheeks, and it smoothed over the eye easily.
In this photo I applied the shadow over my bare lid, no primer, and used a little mascara and e.l.f.'s white Eye Widener on the water line. It shows up quite vibrantly without primer, though I would recommend primer for a long evening or for more dramatic color.
After wearing this shadow without primer for about 5 hours the color does fade a bit, but it isn't creasing or falling out onto my face. Definitely a good thing.
Overall this product rocks. The packaging is nice and sturdy, the shadow is gorgeous and long wearing, and it comes with a nifty little shadow brush that works quite well. Did I mention how lovely this is? Because it really really is pretty!!
So would I recommend this product? Hells yes. It's awesome. Will I repurchase? Most definitely!!! I'll definitely be getting more of these pigments, and I'll surely repurchase Tropical Teal when I use this one up. This is an amazing product at only $3 a pop! Happy Christmas to me!
Hope you enjoyed this review! If you have any questions about this product or would like to share your experience with it, feel free to drop a comment below. Have a happy new year! Til next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment