Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Candy Cane Nails

I know my next post was supposed to be my brow tutorial, but I was just so beat today I wasn't up to it. However, I also got a mad case of insomnia tonight and was feeling rather festive, and ta da! candy cane nails.
I wonkered up the ring and pinky fingers a bit, but I've been having issues with them breaking super short and I'm just not used to working with them like that. But the first three nails came out pretty well I think. This is a pretty basic design, you only need a white polish for the base, a red nail art lacquer, and a clear top coat.
First, apply two coats of the white polish and wait for them to dry. Next I took the red nail art lacquer and put three thick stripes evenly spaced across the nail and then just a few really thin lines between the thick lines. Keep going this way on all your nails, and after they dry apply your top coat. See? Simple.
Hope you liked my little festive design here, let me know what you think. Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. aww.. I made this one, but I was fail ! lol..
    love yours <3

    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep practicing, it gets easier over time. Good luck! Thanks for commenting, I very much appreciate feedback from my followers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty decent, but I taught myself to be ambidextrous as a kid. I saw some program on amputees having to learn how to use their non-dominant hand and one guy who had to write with his toes because he was missing both arms. and yes, I can write with my toes...

    ReplyDelete