Thursday, January 3, 2013

First Ever MAC Haul

This Christmas was really good to my makeup collection, I got the Sephora Color Daze Blockbuster LE makeup palette from my husband, TONS of e.l.f. products in my stocking from "Santa", and a $60 gift card to MAC Cosmetics from my lovely mother.
I was super excited about the MAC gift card as I have never shopped MAC before and let's face it, MAC is awesome. It's the makeup the cool kids use, haha. But yeah, I received the gift card Christmas Eve and I had spent it before Christmas morning, I was stoked. And yesterday my order came in the mail and I thought I should share my first impressions of this haul with you fine folk. So ya know, this is going to be a really picture heavy post and I'm not going super in depth with any of the items as I will post an in-depth review of each product later.

Disclaimer: I purchased these products with my own personal funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are totally my own.

It seriously took me a few hours to pick my products, because let's be real here, MAC has a ridiculous variety with their products and colors. Being that I am a rather indecisive person, it was absolute hell trying to pick out just a few items. Obviously I did make a decision, and being that you probably want me to just cut to the chase, here is what I picked: Dynamic Duo 3: Eye Shadow x2, Viva Glam Nicki, and a lip pencil in Embrace Me.
Before I go any further, I would like to say that my package was delivered on time and there was no damage to any of the products.
And back to the products. I'm going to start with the Dynamic Duo 3: Eye Shadow x2. This is an eyeshadow duo (duh) and it includes Teal and Pearled Earth. This eyeshadow duo goes for $27.50 USD on MAC's website.
Teal is a very pretty teal-blue color and is matte, and Pearled Earth is (and this is how MAC describes the color) a dirty toned purple and has a Veluxe Pearl finish. Both colors are absolutely lovely, and I expected to favor the teal, but I really feel like the "dirty-toned purple" was the star in this duo.
For this swatch I did half on primer half off, the top halves of both colors being on. There's a slight difference in the vibrancy of the colors based on the primer, but not much. Both colors are highly pigmented and there was no product fallout, so you definitely get your money's worth.
Second on my list of fun new stuffs is Viva Glam Nicki. This is a Limited Edition product, so if you like it you'd best buy it up before they take it off the rack, btw. This goes for $15 USD on MAC's website and every cent goes to helping men, women and children suffering with HIV/AIDs, so even if $15 sounds like a lot for lipstick, it's going to a good cause.
This is a lovely bright yellow-based pink with a satin finish and was designed with the joint forces of MAC cosmetics and Nicki Minaj. I'm not a huge Nicki Minaj fan by any means, but holy cow does she have taste in lipstick! This is gorgeous and I might have to buy a back up of this lipstick.
This lipstick does glide on super creamy and is highly pigmented. So again, a little goes a long way.
And the last item from my MAC haul is the MAC Lip Pencil in Embrace Me. This is $15 USD on MAC's website, and there are a plethora of colors to choose from outside of Embrace Me.
Embrace Me is a vivid pinkish fuchsia color, I actually chose this so that I would have something to go under my e.l.f. Essentials Plumping Lip Glaze in Fuchsia Fanatic.
Okay, I just need to get this out there, HOLY COW THIS COLOR IS BRIGHT!!!! This pencil is highly pigmented and really easy to work with. It glides on exceptionally easy for a lip pencil and has a quite creamy texture. And again a little goes a long way. And the pencil doesn't do that chippy/chalky crud that a lot of lip pencils do, it just glides on real smooth. And it does look amazing under my e.l.f. lip glaze, btw.
And this concludes my first ever MAC Cosmetics haul. If you couldn't tell, I am very happy with my purchases. Their makeup is a little pricey, but the quality is top notch. I will have individual reviews for each of these products up in the near future, so if you liked this haul and want to see more, it's coming soon. It would probably help if you subscribed so you get the update as soon as they're posted... And as always, feel free to drop a comment and let me know how you feel about these products or ask any questions you may have. Til next time!




2 comments:

  1. LOVE that lipstick color! Want to see how they look applied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's just gorgeous!!! And I'll have a post up soon on the lipstick and you can see how it looks applied to lips instead of my arm.

      Delete