Monday, December 10, 2012

Clinique High Lengths Mascara

 <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4367761/?claim=vtqssc8fpt8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
I've owned Clinique's high lengths mascara for a while now and I haven't posted a review yet because it took me a while to develop an opinion on it. This mascara is probably the weirdest mascara I have ever worked with. The wand is bizarre, the formula is unforgiving, but the end product is pretty intense. And I've got to say that I love this mascara, but only for certain looks.
Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are entirely my own.
Here's the tube and the wand. You see why I think it's bizarre, right? It only has bristles on one side and they're rubber. They don't do much for separating, and it's just weird getting used to applying mascara with only one side of the wand to apply with.
And the formula is quite thick and dries pretty fast, so you have to work really quick or you get clumps. I like to keep a pair of tweezers nearby when using this mascara to help position the lashes while the mascara is drying. It's helpful if you don't apply mascara perfectly every time you use it.
But the results are awesome! The mascara is very black and really lengthens your lashes. In the photo above I applied 2 quick coats of this mascara and my lashes are pretty high up there.
Here's a quick comparison of Clinique's high lengths mascara next to Sephora's Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara. I applied 2 coats of each mascara, Clinique's is on the eye to the right, Sephora's mascara is on the eye to the left. HUGE difference.
I would also like to say that I do have sensitive eyes, and I've never had any issues with this mascara and it lasts for 8-10 hours without falling out on my cheeks or smudging under my eyes.
So if you love dramatic looks and don't mind a little learning curve, this is a great mascara for you. You can find it at Sephora for $16.00 USD. Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment