Monday, November 26, 2012

Update on my e.l.f. Cream Liner

So a few months ago I bought the e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner in black and I really liked it. It went on nice and smooth and it didn't end up all smudgy and it was a decent black.
Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are entirely my own.
The packaging was decent, and I found it to be an overall nice product. However, shortly after I purchased the liner I started having issues. It went on really cakey and seemed kind of flaky. At first I was like okay, maybe the eyeliner brush I was using (also e.l.f.) was kinda crappy, so I busted out my tried and true Sephora eyeliner brush. The results were better, though minimally so. This was when I really started loosing faith in the liner. But I figured maybe if I give my brushes a really good scrubbing it'll work better for me. Not so. The liner has gotten really dry and it comes out in weird little clumps which I then have to smooth out on my brushes so I don't wonky up my eyes. I store my make up properly, up in a cupboard so it's not just baking in the light and I make sure that all my products are closed up tight. So basically, this liner is junk after a few uses.
I understand that this product is dirt cheap, so I can't hate on it too much, but I am still quite disappointed in it's lack of longevity. I've had a black cream liner in my Sephora palette for 6 months and it still works fine, so the fact that this product dried up so quickly seriously bummed me out.
Sorry e.l.f, but I will NOT be repurchasing. I don't find this product to be worth the $3 I paid for it. Maybe I'll go with Maybelline or Revlon next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment