Saturday, September 14, 2013

FOTD Featuring the September Glam Bag from Ipsy

Hello lovelies!

Today I put together a quick look for you guys using all of the items in my September Glam Bag. I don't usually wear makeup on the weekends unless I'm planning on going out, but my cousin, her daughter and her boyfriend are coming out to visit today and I was getting dressed and was like "Oh, I should straighten my hair too." And once my hair was all pretty and straight it was like "Well, since I bothered to do my hair I might as well try out some of my new makeup." And I was listening to Amy Winehouse, and she may have influenced how I applied my makeup a bit... I didn't do full face makeup, but it's definitely a very dramatic look for just having family over lol. I did use the nail polish that came in this month's bag, but I'm saving the pictures for Tuesday when I do my review post as my daughter should be attending her first day of preschool then!!! And yes, I'm ridiculously excited about this. And nervous. But let's move on to the pictures, my cousin is on her way here and I want to be done with this post by the time she gets here.


Face Products Used: e.l.f. Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter in Fair/Glow; Mary Kay Mineral Foundation in Ivory 2; NYX Mosaic Powder Blush in Paradise; Bronzer and Highlight from BH Cosmetics San Francisco palette.

Eye Products Used: NYX Eyeshadow in Cryptonite; Jesse's Girl Liquid Eyeliner in Black; White eyeshadow from e.l.f. Little Black Beauty Book Cool Python Edition; Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara in Black; Red/Brown Eyeshadow from the Sephora Color Daze Blockbuster Makeup Palette for my eyebrows.

Lip Product Used: Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple




And if you're curious, for my hair I just took a couple of bobby pins and pinned back my bangs and teased my hair just a bit to give it some volume as I am currently out of hair spray and wax. Oh yeah, and I straightened it with my flat iron and fwipped out the ends a bit.

But that's my crazy cousin Saturday party time look and I hope you guys like it! Did you catch the Amy Winehouse inspiration with the eyes? I toned it down a bit from her looks, but it's not like I'm going out. So far, I'm really digging the items I got in this month's bag, but my favorite has got to be the Jesse's Girl Eyeliner. I've got to wear it a bit more to be sure as to how much I love it, but if it wears well this is probably the best pen-style liquid liners I've ever used. I so love Ipsy!!! And if you like this look and want to give the Glam Bag a try, don't forget to use my referral so that I can get some freebies in my next bag. Here's a linky: Danielle's Ipsy Referral I hope you're all having a totally bitchin Saturday doing whatever it is you do and I hope you'll share some love with me in the comments and subscribe if you think I'm as awesome as I think I am lol. Til next time!


2 comments: