Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Butter London Nail Lacquer in La Moss

Hello lovelies!!

Today is the beginning of my new blogging schedule as it is my daughter's first day in pre-school!!! If I'm a little all over the place please excuse me, I'm all sorts of whacked out about my kiddo being in school. It's so insane for me to think about lol. But she's going to be in pre-school Tuesdays and Thursdays, so those are going to be my for sure blogging days and I'll probably have up random weekend posts as well.

Today's post is a review of the Butter London Nail Lacquer in La Moss which I received in the September "Classic Beauty" Glam Bag from Ipsy. This polish sells for $15 for 11mL (the polish I received is 6mL which is about half the original size, so the value is around $7.50) on Butter London's website, and I got it in my $10 monthly Glam Bag subscription, so before I go any further, Hells Yeah Ipsy!!!! You totally loaded my bag this month!!!

But on to the review...


The packaging for this nail polish feels really sturdy and I kind of like the square design. I've had issues before with round bottles as over time the caps tend to stick a bit and there's nothing to leverage your fingers against while trying to twist the cap off. Maybe I'm the only person who has that issue, but it sucks and I like the corners on this bottle.


The color is absolutely gorgeous. It's an oxblood red with a nice shiny finish, very vampy and perfect for fall weather. I've been wearing this polish for four days now and have minimal chipping, so it lasts fairly well.

The only issue that I have with this polish is that it applies... funny... It dries really fast and if you apply it thin you'll totally get uneven color. It also pulls when you get the uneven coat and try to correct it with another coat. Basically, if you want this polish to look nice you have to use an exorbitant amount of polish for each coat, and you'll need to apply a couple of coats. In the picture above, I'm wearing 3 coats of polish over a base coat. And fair warning, this color will stain your nails, but it's a really dark red so it should kind of be expected.

Overall, I like this polish. It's really pretty and I'm glad that I got it. However, I wouldn't pay $15 for this polish. It's just too finicky to work with for me to justify the price. But if you've got nothing but cash to burn on nail polish and you don't feel like looking for a cheaper version of this polish, by all means go for it.

So I'll talk at ya guys on Thursday with another review from the September Glam Bag. I'll either be doing the Jesse's Girl Liquid Liner or the Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm, so let me know which one you guys would like to see me review next in the comments or on Facebook. Hope you're all having a great day! Til next time!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous, you basically got the exact bag that I WANTED! hah. I didn't get the jesse's girl eyeliner and I'm SO bummed. Nor did I get this awesome polish or the lip balm. Sigh. Hopefully next month will be better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! Sorry your bag wasn't what you wanted. I'm sure next month will be better.

      Delete
  2. Aww! The cutest baby bottle! I love that shade, but I agree, BL polishes aren't worth their price. They're $17 here, and while I do pick them up every now and then, they're not my favourite polish formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they have a similar formula to the Maybelline Color Show polishes (which also aren't my favourite) but the Maybelline polishes are like $3 for a full size bottle.

      Delete