Saturday, June 15, 2013

Drowned Mermaid FOTD

Hello again lovelies! Last night I was working on the Rainbow Beauty Tag and while I was looking at all the pretty colors I got distracted and started playing. Yes, I know, I have the attention span of a ferret. But I did accomplish something last night, even if it wasn't what I had planned on. This isn't really a wearable look for me, but I had a lot of fun creating it so I don't care. I wasn't sure what to name this look and for some reason the color scheme just kind of reminded me of a dark mermaid-y kind of thing, and then my brain was just like "drowned mermaid" which really makes absolutely no sense, but my brain fixated on it and I couldn't come up with anything better. It is what it is, lol.
I would like to say before I dive into the pictures, that this is my first time playing with eyeshadows on my lips. I wasn't really sure what I was doing, so it's a little sketchy, but I think I figured out how to work it so that next time it will be pimp. As always, I will list the products used below. Hope you guys like my look!


Eye Products Used: MAC Pearled Earth; light brown; glitter black and shimmery white eyeshadows from the Sephora Medium Shopping Bag Palette; Sephora Collection Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara in Black.

Face Products Used: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Mont Blanc; Benefit Bella Bamba; bronzer from the Sephora Medium Shopping Bag palette; e.l.f. Essentials All Over Cover Stick in Apricot Beige; e.l.f. Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter.


Lip Products Used: Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer (Natural or Dramatic) in Emerald Sparkle; Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in 15; green and purple eyeshadows from the Sephora Medium Shopping Bag palette; glittery clear lipgloss from the Sephora Medium Shopping Bag palette.



I think this could have looked really cool if I had taken the time to find a complimentary outfit and some bitchin accessories, but honestly, it was 2am and I was just too tired to do any more. It still looks pretty neat and it was a good learning experience and I'm pretty cool with that.
So, I hope you guys liked this look, I had a ton of fun creating it, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it in the comments. Til next time!


10 comments:

  1. its cool looking. Never heard of putting eye shadow on your lips. that's what you said right.

    http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/06/night-owl-blog-hop-hop.html
    http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/06/lets-get-real-here.html
    www.facebook.com/NightOwlVenting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, eyeshadow on the lips. I've seen it used a lot on MakeupBee and SugarPill's FB page. It's an interesting way to use shadow. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Danielle! :) Thanks for dropping by my blog and thank for your compliment..it meant a lot coming from a makeup expert like you :)

    this look is great as usual! ;) and the name is so cool!..who would thought of a "drowned mermaid" name right?yep, only you. :D i've also heard some bloggers using eyeshadow in the lips..they combine the eyeshadow powder to a petrolium jelly.is that how you did it?or is it a cream eyeshadow you're using? i hope you'd do a DIY post.that would be awesome! :D

    take care!hugs!

    Cj
    www.pinayontheloose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had no idea what I was doing and didn't bother to look up how I should be doing it. I used eyeliner and purple lipstick as a base and then kind of set it with a powder eyeshadow and topped it with gloss. But while I was fooling around with it I realized that mixing the eyeshadow with the lipgloss worked better. After I've had more time to play with the technique and perfect my method I'll put up a DIY post for you guys.
      I am so glad you like this look, I'll have more up soon! Now that my allergies have mellowed out I can actually wear makeup on my eyes again, which is awesome. Hope you have a great weekend!! xx

      Delete
  3. wow very creative and kudos to you for trying something so bold and unique.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not gonna lie, sleep deprivation probably added to the creativity. ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice experiment!
    I love the shades you've chosen for this look :) It looks dramatic.

    http://makeupdemon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete