Friday, May 3, 2013

Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner

Hello again! I promised that I would start posting more regularly again, so here I am with one of many reviews that I have been postponing. I'm super lazy when it comes to my reviews as they just aren't as fun as doing makeup looks. But until my hay fever lets up a bit, I'm not going to be doing a heck of a lot of looks, so time for the reviews that I've been putting off. And today I will be reviewing Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Black. This product sells for £ 2.99 on Collection's website, and I have no idea how much this costs in the USA as I don't believe it's available for retail here.

Disclaimer: This product was given to me as a gift from a personal friend, it was not given to me by any company looking for my opinion. My opinions are 100% my own.


This is my first experience with a felt tip liner like this, and I gotta say I totally love it. The design is similar to any felt tip marker that I've ever used, which makes it really easy to use.


As you can see, the felt tip tapers off to a very fine point making it great for fine lines as well as nice thick lines. The tip keeps its shape quite well, with just a little bit of give right at the end making winged liner really simple and quick to do. And being that the tip is so fine and easy to work with I think this would be a great liner to use for designs on the face or body.


I decided to do a little design instead of a standard swatch just so you could see how detailed you could get with this liner. Keep in mind that this picture is enlarged and that this design takes up maybe 1.5 square inches on my wrist (approximately 3 centimeters squared.) The little hearts are about 3.5 millimeters wide, so yeah, this baby can get pretty fine detail work done.
And the formula is also really nice. It's thin compared to my standard liquid liner, but is quite opaque. And it dries incredibly fast which is a huge bonus for me as I'm awful about smudging my work. It is also really quite long wearing. I don't know if it really lasts the full 24 hours as stated in the name of the product as I do try to not sleep with makeup on, but I've definitely worn this liner for 8+ hours without any notable fading and without it smearing down my face. Feathering is also very minimal as it dries so quickly it doesn't really have time to travel down all the thin lines you may or may not have on your face.


So yeah, if you can't tell, I love this liner!! It's easy to use, it's inexpensive, the lines are super crisp, it's long wearing, and the color is good. What more can you ask for? If this eyeliner is available near you, I would so recommend you pick it up, especially if you love winged liner but struggle with it. It really is just like using a marker, so if you can write, you can use this eyeliner. It's really that great.
And now I'm out of things to say really about this product, I'm in love with it and sad that I can't buy more at my local drugstore. And being that it seriously took me like 4 hours to type this business up because my daughter was going nutters and a few other random distractions, I'm going to end this one like this:


And once again the Dude captures how I'm feeling at the moment, haha. Til next time!




2 comments:

  1. Pretty hearts! That's a great crisp line you've got there. Hope you're well xx
    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how tight this liner makes lines, I was always a bit skeptical of the felt tip liners as I was just sure that they couldn't be that great. But they are pretty great, and I should probably get more now, haha.
      And we are all doing well over here, we've started spending more time outside as the weather is finally amiable. And this is the first year that my daughter has really been able to go flower hunting with me, so it has me in pretty good spirits. :)

      Delete